Valentine’s Day is a holiday that has the tendency to bring out strong feelings. Some folks try to resist the holiday, wanting little to do with mushy lovey-dovey stuff.
They take the stance that they show their loved ones love and affection everyday, so why is there a need to put aside a specific day to celebrate their feelings?
I admit, that’s a valid point.
Other people get completely wrapped up in making every single thing that they cook, make or wear either heart shaped or red. This hard core Valentine’s Day intensity definitely has it’s place in the world. We could all use a little love, am I right?
- 16 double stuffed chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 – 8oz packages cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 less fat)
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 8 oz semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoons McCormick pure vanilla extract, divided
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons McCormick red food color
- 1 – 8oz container whipped topping, thawed (I used extra creamy)
- In a small bowl, mix together cookie crumbs and melted butter. Spoon cookie mixture evenly into small jars or dishes and press to form a crust. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together cream cheese and confectioners sugar until light and blended. Add melted chocolate, McCormick pure vanilla extract and McCormick red food color and beat until evenly blended. Fold in whipped topping.
for full recipes please see : jellytoastblog.com