This baked chicken only has 3 ingredients – including the chicken! Plus, there is no prep work involved. Woohoo! Just coat the chicken in brown sugar and Italian dressing mix then throw in the oven. That’s it! SO easy!
Not only is this chicken a snap to make, it tastes great! We both gobbled this chicken up! Sweet and savory in every bite! We served this with some Parmesan Rice Grits and Green Beans. YUM! I can’t wait to make this again!!
I highly suggest lining your pan with foil. The brown sugar mixture gets sticky as it bakes. After dinner, throw away the foil and the dishes are done! Easy prep and easy clean up.. It just doesn’t get any better!
Just 3 simple ingredients make this delectable and easy chicken dinner.
Want a really no-fuss dinner where you need nothing special in the way of ingredients and that has almost zero prep work? Oh and most importantly, that it’s awesomely delicious? Then here’s the recipe.
I saw this kicking around Pinterest. It wasn’t from a website or recipe page, simply somebody who took a pic with their phone and put the recipe & method in the description. This gal is my kind of cook! I looked but she didn’t have anything else of her own in her profile.
There was nothing else but the chicken in the recipe. I tossed in some orphaned mushrooms I had in the crisper–naturally I overbought again on a sale.
- 1 pkg dry italian dressing mix (.7 ounce)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2-3 lbs chicken breast
- US Customary – Metric
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spray a large 9×13 baking dish (9×13 or comparable size) with cooking spray. Set nearby.
- In a large bowl, add brown sugar and dry Italian dressing mix and whisk together until thoroughly combined. Set nearby.
- Prepare the chicken for cooking, such as rinsing with or cutting off excess fat. Dip chicken in sweet Italian seasoning until both sides are coated, then place in prepared baking dish. Once all of the chicken is in the dish, pour any remaining seasoning on top of the chicken.
- Bake chicken, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until chicken is opaque and no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve chicken immediately.