Crispy baked cauliflower bites are drizzled with an addictive and easy bang bang sauce.
I’ve recently become obsessed with bang bang sauce, a creamy sweet and spicy chili sauce that is easy to make. It tastes great for dipping chicken, seafood, vegetables, just about anything really. So I decided to apply it to cauliflower.
I’ve got a couple healthier recipe ideas to share and then we’re moving onto sweets, baked goods, chocolate and more chocolate.
The other day, Mr. K and I were in the car when Ed Sheeran’s “Thinking Out Loud” song came on the radio for the billionth time (you know the one with the chorus of “maybe we found love right where we are.”) For those unfamiliar, the song is about a potential love lasting until they are old. Mr. K commented that it was one of his favorite songs and then he started singing out loud and sang this lyric:
- 1/2 head of cauliflower cut into bite sized florets
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs Kikkoman brand preferred for even baking
- 2 large eggs whisked
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped (optional, for garnish)
For the Bang Bang Sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce I bought mine from an Asian grocery store. Make sure to buy the kind that is just sauce without chili seeds
- 2 tsp hot sauce I used sriracha
- 1/4 cup light/low fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp honey
for instructions please see: kirbiecravings.com