Enjoying this delicious homemade Chicken Marsala doesn’t require a restaurant trip, only 25 minutes of your time and a handful of ingredients found at home!
- 4 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup/ 60 g flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 small shallots chopped
- 1 cup/100g chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup/125 ml marsala wine
- 1 cup/250 ml chicken stock
- flat leaf parsley
- Cover the chicken breasts with a cling wrap and pound them with a meat mallet until they are no thicker than 1/2 inch. Sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides and dredge in flour.
- Fry in olive oil until golden over medium-high heat for approximately 5 minutes. Do not over cook as the chicken breasts will be quite thin and will cook fast. Remove to a separate plate and set aside.
- To the same pan add chopped shallots and cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes, then add sliced mushrooms, salt and pepper and saute for 5 minutes, then add 1 tbsp of flour, stir and cook for a minute longer, then add marsala wine and turn the heat up to medium, add chicken stock and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and return the chicken to the pan, let it heat through in the sauce, simmer for a few minutes to allow the sauce to thicken to a desired consistency.