What if I told you that you DON’T need to melt chocolate or chocolate chips with butter together to make brownies, AND you don’t need two separate bowls. Just one bowl and 5 minutes bringing it all together to make the BEST freaking brownies you’ve ever eaten in this lifetime. The best part is they’re only 144 calories EACH! Better than the usual 356 calorie brownies, am I right?
After testing what feels like a lifetime of brownies, these FINALLY came out a perfect texture, and have been made weekly ever since. The one ingredient I add to these brownies that is different from most recipes is a small amount of oil. The oil is JUST enough to keep the centres extremely fudgy, without compromising the crispy, crackly crust you can see in these photos.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil, (olive oil or coconut oil are fine)
- 1 1/8 cup superfine sugar, (caster sugar or white granulated sugar)*
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all purpose (or plain) flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 175°C | 350°F.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking oil spray. Line with parchment paper (or baking paper); set aside.
- Combine melted butter, oil and sugar together in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk well for about a minute. Add the eggs and vanilla; beat until lighter in colour (another minute).
for full recipes please see : cafedelites.com