These Bourbon Cherries are perfect for gifting or adding to cocktails.
- 3 1/2 cups bourbon
- 2/3 cups granulated white sugar
- 4 cups fresh sweet cherries (washed, pitted & stems removed)
- In a medium saucepan, bring the bourbon and sugar to a simmer over low heat. Simmer and stir until the sugar dissolves, then turn off the heat and let sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Pack your cherries into two 25-ounce jars (or three smaller ones). Snuggle them into the jars nice and tight without smashing the cherries. Pour the syrup over the cherries in each jar until it covers the fruit completely. If you have any leftover syrup, you can use it to make a cocktail!
- Place the lids on tight and store the cherries in the refrigerator. They should be used within one year.