Since I am writing this at 6 am from the beautiful Monterey, California (stupid body not adjusting to time change) and I am currently sitting in the most amazing hotel room I have ever laid eyes on (more on all this later) this is going to be pretty short and sweet.
I am kind of obsessed with the buffalo flavor. I loooooooove it. I’m also obsessed with paninis. Do you have a panini press? You don’t?!?!?! #firstworldproblems
Okay, I know that a lot of people don’t have a panini press. And I know that a lot of people would read this and probably think, how is a panini so different from grilled cheese?? Okay, that’s a little hard to answer. I guess the biggest difference is texture. I love a good grilled cheese, but I feel like it’s hard to keep them from burning, and maybe I’m making them wrong, but I feel like they usually come out super greasy.
Paninis are different because you are left with a crispy dry sandwich on the outside and a beautifully delicious and melty sandwich on the inside. Yum and yum!!
- four slices of bread I used a simple white bread
- one chicken breast shredded
- 1/2 cup buffalo chicken sauce
- 1/4 cup of blue cheese
- four slices of mozzarella
- Mix together the chicken, buffalo sauce, and blue cheese.
- Working one sandwich at a time, spray the bread lightly with cooking spray. Place one piece of bread sprayed side down in the panini maker and top with half the buffalo chicken mix.
- Place the other piece of bread (sprayed side up) on the sandwich and close the press.
for full recipes please see : www.wineandglue.com