These cheesesteaks. They rank high up in Kale and my favorite sandwiches ever. It makes me happy that my hubby and I enjoy the same kinds of food. One more reason I love that guy. 😉
This version of Cheesesteak Sandwiches is the best! In my humble opinion, anyway. It’s the only way I make them at home. They are hearty, flavorful and melty. Three things I look for when it comes to a cheesesteak sub. 😀 I can easily eat 2 in a row because they’re just that good.
When I make these delicious subs I usually go all out and use our French Bread Roll recipe for the bread. I just put two balls of the dough together to form subs. It makes them all the more amazing!
- 1 pound of thinly sliced ribeye steak (For easy slicing: freeze steak for 30 minutes, then slice it)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced into strips
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 sub rolls, sliced in half (but not all the way through)
- (Try using my French Bread Roll recipe for the subs. Recipe below this card)
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Place the sliced sub rolls on pieces of aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter then saute onions and green peppers for 5 to 10 minutes until softened. Place on a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the sliced steak, over medium-high heat, breaking it into smaller pieces until cooked through and no longer pink. Add the onions and peppers back into the skillet and toss together. Season with salt and pepper.
for full recipes please see : life-in-the-lofthouse.com