Pasta dishes are my favorite thing ever! I’m a carb-aholic and pasta is my favorite way to indulge. As much as I love easy pasta recipes like Balsamic Shrimp & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta, there’s something magical about a big pan of gooey, cheesy pasta loaded with yummy add-ins for dinner. I mean really, have you made Rachael’s 30-minute Cheesy Garlic Shrimp Alfredo?! This ravioli casserole is everything wonderful about baked pasta. Better yet, it’s SUPER easy to make and the leftovers are just as good as the first night!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 24-ounce package frozen ravioli
- 2 cups fresh spinach rinsed and rough chopped
- 2 to 3 cups cooked chicken chopped or shredded
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil cut chiffonade-style
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet or saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. I am in love with my Anolon Cookware because they heat evenly and are super durable.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes stirring constantly to prevent burning. Add flour and stir to combine. Cook 1 minute. Add cream cheese and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup milk and stir to combine. Once thickened and bubbling, add the remaining milk. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring often, until cream cheese has melted and sauce thickens.
- Add Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Pour about 1/4 of the sauce into the bottom of a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish. Spread the sauce over bottom of the dish.
- Add frozen ravioli to the baking dish and spread into an even layer. Top pasta with chopped spinach and chicken so the ravioli is covered.
- Pour the rest of the sauce over the chicken and spread evenly around the baking dish. Sprinkle all over the top the casserole with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and the ravioli is cooked. Turn your oven to broil on HIGH and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the top of the casserole is golden.
- Carefully remove from the oven. Sprinkle basil over the casserole. Let sit 5 to 10 minutes. Serve warm with extra Parmesan if desired.