Carole from My Kitchen Escapades is back as our monthly contributor today. Wait till you see what she’s got in store for us! You will just die for this Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole!
Yesterday as I finished up my work-out, I caught a quick glimpse of my 3 year old daughter outside, 100% butt-naked. Nothing. Nada. Just those cute little cheekies running down the sidewalk for all the neighborhood to see.
I dashed out the door, gathered her up and sternly asked why in the world was she playing outside naked?!? Offended, she crossed her arms and declared, “I’m not!! I have my necklace on!!”
- 1 large rotisserie chicken, meat removed and pulled (about 5-6 C)
- 1/2 pound sliced deli-style black forest ham, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced swiss cheese
- 4 Tb butter
- 4 Tb flour
- 3 C milk
- 2 Tb lemon juice
- 1 Tb dijion mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 Tb melted butter
- 1 1/4 C seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 C parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick spray. Layer the chicken in the bottom of the dish followed by the ham and finally the swiss cheese.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly add the milk, whisking to keep clumps from forming.
- Turn the heat to high and cook until the sauce thickens and boils completely, whisking often. Remove from the heat and add the remaining sauce ingredients. Pour the finished sauce over the base layer already in the dish.
for full recipes please see : www.thisgrandmaisfun.com