This just might be the very first “new” recipe that I tried out right after Drew and I were married. I’d loved to cook for years before that, but cooking for my new husband was ju…
- 1/2 lb. ground beef (or ground turkey or chicken)
- 1/4 onion (chopped)
- 1 10 oz. can whole green chilies (or 2 roasted fresh green chiles)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1/8 cup flour
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Spray your pan lightly with non-stick cooking spray, then line the bottom of your pan with whole green chiles (chop extra green chiles for later).
- Layer meat over green chiles. Top with cheese and chopped green chiles. Whisk together eggs and milk, then add flour and mix well.
- Pour this mixture over dish. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.