Cajun Chicken and Sausage Pasta in Creamy Parmesan Sauce is easy to make in only 30 minutes! Smoked sausage,
- 3 Tbsp butter (divided)
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- 6 oz. smoked sausage (sliced into 1/4 inch pieces)
- 8 oz. baby Bella mushrooms (sliced)
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Boil pasta in salty water according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Chicken, sausage and mushrooms:
- Generously season chicken with salt, pepper, Cajun and Italian seasonings. Do not slice it yet – you will be cooking it whole. Slice sausage into 1/4 inch circles and slice mushrooms.In a large skillet, add 1 tbsp butter and melt it over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add whole chicken breasts and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side until browned for a total of 8-10 minutes. Remove chicken onto a plate and slice into strips.Add sliced sausage pieces and brown them on medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until darker in color around the edges. Remove from the skillet onto a plate.