Because Flourless Chocolate Torte is so dangerously easy to make (we are talking one bowl and less than 15 minutes of prep here, friends!), it’s one of my go-tos for dinner parties or potlucks when I need a fast dessert that’s guaranteed to please. I’ve tried a few different recipes over the years, but today’s is unquestionably the best flourless chocolate torte I’ve ever baked.
- 9 ounces good-quality dark chocolate — 65% or higher, finely chopped
- 9 ounces unsalted butter — (Kenzie recommends European-style, such as Kerrygold) (18 tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 7 large eggs — at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
- If you are feeling dangerous: a few tablespoons rum — bourbon, or whiskey (Kenzie puts in “a splash”)
- Optional — for serving: powdered sugar, berries, and/or sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Grease again.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a double boiler or in a microwave-safe bowl, until the chocolate is almost completely melted. Remove from heat and stir until smooth and totally melted. Stir in the sugar, then let cool for a few minutes.
for full recipes please see : www.wellplated.com