Just ask my husband and he’s a chocolate fanatic! We have been eating these homemade chewy brownies for every meal, well almost. 🙂
You see, I have very high standards when it comes to homemade brownies. I want them to be like the box mix, only they are better because they are homemade.
They must be chewy, that is an absolute must! While I realize many of you like cakey brownies, I am definitely on team chewy!
They need to be thick. This also helps them to be chewy so don’t use a 9×13 pan to make these, please!! Keep them thick and I promise they will be chewy.
They need to have that shiny papery crust. This is the reason I have been making batch after batch after batch of brownies.
- 1 1/4 cups (265g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- 2 ounces (56.5g) unsweetened chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 3/4 cup (100g) all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (30g) regular not dutch process unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (45g) semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (120ml) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line an 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper or foil and lightly grease with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine the sugar, water and unsweetened chocolate. Cook over medium low heat until chocolate is melted and smooth (about 3-5 min). The sugar will not be dissolved. Let mixture cool slightly (about 5 min).
for full recipes please see : www.countrysidecravings.com