honey garlic butter salmon in foil recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 large cloves garlic , crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (juice of 1/2 a lemon)
- 1.2 kg | 2 1/2 pound side of salmon
- Sea salt , to taste
- Cracked pepper , to taste (optional)
- Lemon slices (to serve)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 375°F | 190°C. Line a baking tray / sheet with a large piece of foil, big enough to fold over and seal to create a packet (or 2 long pieces of foil over lapping each other lengthways to create your salmon packet, depending on the width of you fillet).
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat. Add the honey, garlic and lemon, and whisk until the honey has melted through the butter and the mixture is well combined.
- Place the salmon onto lined baking tray | sheet. Pour the butter/honey mixture over the salmon, and using a pastry brush or spoon, spread evenly over the salmon. Sprinkle with a good amount of salt (about 2 teaspoons) and cracked pepper. Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon to cover and completely seal the packet closed so the butter does not leak.