It’s Masters week! Nothing says “The Masters” like a good pimento cheese sandwich. I have a great recipe for pimento cheese on the blog (I think it is better than Augusta’s version), but I wanted to make something besides a regular pimento cheese sandwich. I came up with these Hot Ham and Pimento Cheese Sandwiches. They are, in a word, AMAZING! SOOO good!!
Hawaiian rolls, ham, pimento cheese topped with a sweet & savory butter poppy seed sauce and baked. How could they be bad?!?! I ate WAY too many of these. They are great for brunch, lunch or dinner. I can promise you we will be eating these one day this week while wishing we were at the golf tournament!
- 1 dozen Hawaiian dinner rolls
- 1/2 lb very thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 cup prepared pimento cheese
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Split each dinner roll. Make a sandwich of the ham and pimento cheese and the dinner rolls. Arrange the sandwiches in a 9×13 pan.
- In a small sauce pan combine butter, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire and poppy seeds. Bring to a boil and pour over sandwiches.
for full recipes please see : www.plainchicken.com