ICEE Cupcakes – this easy and fun cupcake recipe has a cherry ICEE frosting! Mini cupcakes with icing and a free printable label – kids LOVE THESE!
Softball season is officially over. It’s kind of sad, really, because Jordan loved it so much. I will not miss having to get dinner ready for her at 4:00 and packing it up in a cooler for Mel and I. Nor will I miss the post-school night-game whining.
I will miss watching Jordan learn how to catch. And watching her hit, without a tee, for entire games.
Last weekend I volunteered to host the end-of-the-year softball party. For 12 first-graders, their parents, and siblings.
Yes, I’m certifiably insane.
But I love doing it. Even when I was going crazy on Friday trying to get the house clean and do last minute prep and make eight dozen mini cupcakes, when I was growling “why do I do this???” at my husband, I still was having fun.
- 1 box yellow cake mix made and baked as directed in mini cupcake pans — about 4 dozen cupcakes
- 1 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small box cherry Jell-O mix
- 1-2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice or milk for consistency
- Red straws
- ICEE label and extra cupcake liners — as seen in photos
- Beat butter until fluffy in a very large bowl. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time and mix well between additions. Beat in salt.
- Add cherry Jell-O powder and beat until combined. Add maraschino cherry juice and/or to the mixture until you get a good frosting consistency.
- Squeeze onto the top of cupcakes in on large mound. Cut each red straw in fourths and stick into icing. If your frosting seems gritty at first, try adding a little cream or milk and mixing, adding more powdered sugar if needed to thicken.
for full recipes please see : www.crazyforcrust.com