This baller breakfast casserole is basically the big brother of my easy peasy instant pot frittata recipe.
We quickly found that the skinny mini frittata we were making was pretty much 2 servings for my hungry husband and I. We’d scarf the entire thing for breakfast in the morning! This bigger serving means we actually get an easy peasy heat-and-eat breakfast the following morning.
Amidst getting ready for school, work, and gym in the morning, easy is exactly what this exhausted momma needs.
Luckily this Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole tastes AMAZING warmed up the following day!
I love breakfast casseroles.
French Toast Casserole and Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole are two of my family’s favorites–and they happen to be two of the more popular recipes with my readers.
The great thing about breakfast casseroles is that they can be prepped ahead of time and baked in the morning for an easy, hearty breakfast perfect for a crowd.
But when using the Instant Pot, a breakfast casserole can be ready in less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
- 6 oz sausage (precooked) or 2 tbsp. bacon bits
- 1/2 c cheese shredded, mix of cheddar and jack is good
- 2 tbsp onion diced, or dried minced onion
- 1/4 c bell pepper diced
- 1/3 c green onions diced
- 1 c hashbrowns defrosted
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 c milk
- salt and pepper to taste (I add after)
- Spray the inside of your springform pan with non stick spray to avoid sticking.
- Defrost your hash browns and set aside. If using sausage cook inside Instant Pot on saute or on stove top until pink is gone, set aside.
- In a bowl whisk your eggs, milk, and a pinch of salt and pepper together.
- Fold in your hash browns and other chunkier ingredients leaving 1/4 c. cheese on the side to sprinkle on top when it is done.
- Pour your egg casserole mixture into your springform pan and cover with foil.
- Add 2 c. water into the inside of your Instant Pot and put a trivet in the middle.
- Lower your springform pan on to the trivet and close the lid.
- Set to manual, pressure, high, for 16 minutes.
- Do a slow release (move valve to the side slightly to let steam come out slowly).
- Lift pan out of Instant Pot and remove foil.
- Allow to cool at least 5 minutes before gently flipping over on to a plate, cutting, and serving to ensure it maintains it’s shape.
- Sprinkle more cheese on top and enjoy.