Italian Chicken Casserole. I made this on 6/16/2015. Easy and tasty! Doesn’t turn out dry like some pasta casseroles do.
- 1 lb cooked and cubed chicken breasts (or use a rotisserie)
- 1 box (16oz) linguine noodles
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 5oz pkg fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and sun dried tomatoes. Cook for about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with cornstarch, mix thoroughly.
- Add chicken broth, heavy cream and milk, whisking quickly. Add salt and pepper. Heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach and parmesan cheese. Remove from heat. Pour sauce over cooked noodles. Add cooked chicken and pour into a large casserole dish (13×9 size). Top with mozzarella cheese. You can bake immediately, or cover with foil and place in refrigerator until dinner.