Now that I’ve fully embraced the Keto lifestyle, I seriously realize how hard it is to enjoy some of my favorite restaurant foods.
My family loves to go to Schezwan Kitchen and trust me, I’ve eating my fill of their amazing gluten-free sweet and sour chicken, but now, like that place is pretty off limits for me.
I usually go to my bag of tricks when eating out and here are some ways that I general am able to enjoy a meal in a restaurant with my family:
- Eat green food, but be sure to ask for low-carb vegetables such as mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, and Most leafy greens are low-carb.
- Ensure that you avoid breaded meat; eat grilled meat.
- Ask for low-carb fruits such as watermelon, strawberries, and Be sure to avoid the high-carb fruits such as bananas, mango, cherries, and grapes.
- Don’t go for the sugary, high-carb salad dressings that are so popular in restaurants. Also note that many light dressings add carbs to add more flavor, so you are often better off eating full-fat dressings.
- Watch out for sauces and condiments. Some include mostly fats while others are full of carbs. When in doubt, ask for the sauce to be left off or placed on the side.
- Going to an Italian restaurant? Create your own meal by order two sides of cooked veggies and ask for a bowl of spaghetti sauce. You can pour the sauce over the veggies, add parmesan cheese and enjoy.
- To add more fat to your meal, so you feel satisfied, ask for extra butter and melt it onto your steamed vegetables or meat.
- Most places are good about letting you substitute items. So if you order an entrée, ask to substitute the potato, rice or pasta for a side of their green vegetable of the day.
- However there is nothing on the menu, sans water, that I can eat without dealing with cornstarch and tons of carbs at a Chinese/Schezwan restaurant.
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
- 7 oz tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups chicken bone broth
- 1/3 cup swerve
- 1/4 cup coconut vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3/4 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger ,fresh grated
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum (optional)
- 1 cup coconut oil for frying
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups powdered parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into bite-sized pieces
- scallions slices, for garnish
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE – USE ONLY 1/4 CUP FOR THE RECIPE
- Place the tomato paste, broth, sweetener, vinegar, lime juice, fish sauce, salt, garlic powder and ginger in a medium-zied saucepan over medium heat. Stir well to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring often.
- Boil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened to your liking. Remove from the heat and let cool. Sift in the guar gum, if using, and whisk until well combined. Pour the sauce into a jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
for full recipes please see : agirlworthsaving.net