It might surprise you to know I was not planning on sharing lemon cream cheese crumb muffins with you today.
No, no. I had another post entirely planned.
And if you didn’t know, planning is kind of my middle name.
I plan. I plan all the time. I plan my life. And I’ll even plan your life if you want me to (nothing better than telling someone else how to map out their life!).
I love it. Planning and scheduling.
It calms me and makes me happy, even if most my time is spent planning, instead of, you know, actually doing.
My sister makes fun of me every time she can, because I still use an old school paper planner to chart out our family’s schedule and my never-ending to-do lists.
Don’t mock it, man.
- 1 cup (5 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, light or regular, softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup (5.5 ounces) granulated sugar
- Zest of 2 large lemons (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup buttermilk (see note)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1-2 large lemons)
- 3/4 cup (3.75 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) powdered sugar, more or less
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (or 325 degrees F for convection bake). Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners (see note above about making smaller muffins).
- For the muffin batter, in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl with an electric handheld mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, butter, granulated sugar, and lemon zest together until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
for full recipes please see : www.melskitchencafe.com