Low Carb Chicken Philly Cheesesteak is the perfect recipe for a delicious, health and quick-fix meal. In less than 30 minutes, you can enjoy a diabetes-friendly meal the whole family will love.
I’m back with more philly cheesesteak!!! Now do you believe me when I say “I’ll never give up my quest for the ultimate low carb philly cheesesteak recipe”? First there was Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Cups, next there was Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Mushrooms and then Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Bowl! Now my fellow cheesesteak lovers, I give you my low carb chicken-based version. ♥
This recipe is perfect if you are cooking for either low carb eaters or people with diabetes and also for those who have no diet restrictions. Just add in a hoagie roll or hamburger bun and dinner is done.
This Keto Chicken Philly Cheesesteak is so delicious! You won’t even miss the bread or bun that usually goes with a cheesesteak. This is by far one of my favorite recipes that is totally kid-friendly!
Several years ago, Longhorn’s Restaurant used to serve a Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich that my hubby and I loved. I don’t know what brought it to my mind last week, but I thought it would be easy to recreate a Low Carb Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Skillet meal that would be amazing. I bought the thin cut chicken that I cut into small strips with my poultry shears so that it would cook faster. Sometimes our days get so crazy, I blink my eyes, and it’s dinnertime, so I like dinner options that are quick and easy like this one. We loved it so much; I made it twice last week. I served it with asparagus the first time and broccoli the next. You could also keep it simple with just a garden salad.
If the rest of your family isn’t following a Low Carb or Ketogenic Diet, this is an easy meal that works for everyone. You can simply add sub rolls for those who aren’t eating a Low Carb lifestyle. Keto Chicken Philly Cheesesteak is a fantastic one-skillet meal that is simple to make, and it tastes delicious. You could also grab a rotisserie chicken if you are in a pinch for time and use as well. I have included links to other great Low Carb Chicken Recipes below the recipe box if you are looking for further inspiration.
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 55 minutes ]
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small strips
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 7 slices provolone cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a hot cast iron skillet, melt one tablespoon of butter and add peppers, onion, and garlic.
- Saute until the onions and peppers are translucent then remove veggies from the skillet and set aside.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the cast iron skillet then add chicken, Italian seasoning, and salt/pepper.
- Allow to sear on each side, then cover and cook on medium-low until the chicken is cooked all the way through. I use a meat thermometer to test doneness.
- Once the chicken is done, add the pepper, onion, and garlic back to the skillet. Cook on low for 2 minutes.
- Place provolone cheese slices on top of the chicken and veggie mixture to cover, and then place the skillet in the oven on broil for 1-3 minutes until the cheese is melted thoroughly.