This recipe has fresh mozzarella cheese that I got from the deli moments before I put it in this sandwich.
Do you agree that a good sandwich should be easy to make and have a ooey gooey cheese just bubbling out of it?
I love seeing a wonderful sandwich that will hit the right spot and also make me drool just looking at it. This recipe has fresh mozzarella cheese that I got from the deli moments before I put it in this sandwich.
That is why the mozzarella is melting so elegantly in the sandwich. The sight of a melting mozzarella cheese tends to warm the soul.
When I pulled it out of the oven, I could hear the cheese sizzling and it took every ounce of willpower I had to not eat it right away.
If only I didn’t have to photograph it first….
- 1 red pepper
- 6 small slices of Mozzarella Ball
- 4 slices Italian bread
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Butter spray
- For the Arugula Pesto Spread
- 1/2 cup split cashews (unsalted)
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 2 cups arugula (loosely packed)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Thai chili (optional)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees
- On a baking tray, place one red pepper and put it in the heated oven
- Let it roast for about 15-20 minutes. Rotate it at about the 7 minute mark and remove when all sides have charred black.
for full recipes please see : www.healingtomato.com