This Paleo Barbecue Chicken Casserole is healthy, comforting and fulfilling. Flavorful barbecue sauce combines with tender chicken and crispy bacon to make an ultimate meal! Whole30, gluten free, dairy free and incredibly delicious!
The first time I made this is was completely random. I had some of my barbecue sauce that needed to be used up and also had a spaghetti squash needing to be used. I threw the two together with some cooked chicken and it came out so good. Then I actually made it using measurements, adding bacon (my hubby’s great idea) and wow- amazing!! I actually used Beef Bacon from US Wellness Meats and was so impressed with not only the flavor, but the ingredients. It’s hard to find bacon without added sugar, but they have some and it’s truly delicious! I highly recommend trying it!
- 1 large spaghetti squash, cooked and shredded
- 1 pound beef bacon, divided (or sugar free pork bacon)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 pounds chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2-2 cups paleo bbq sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- salt to taste depends on how salty the bbq sauce is
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a 13×9 with parchment paper.
- Place cooked spaghetti squash in a large bowl and pat dry with paper towel.
- Cut bacon with scissors and place in a large skillet.
for full recipes please see : www.realfoodwithjessica.com