If you are needing an easy but delicious dessert for Easter, you will want to make this PEEPS Easter Garden Poke Cake. Super fun, colorful plus …it’s easy.
Spring and Easter are just around the corner. I am so excited to be rid of all the nasty cold weather we have had this winter. When all of the Easter decor and candy hit the shelves at the stores, I always get anxious for the bright, warmer days that follow.
I like to share some of our favorite recipes for the holiday in advance. Last week, I shared a super refreshing Easy Spring Sherbet Cake with you to consider making for your Easter desserts. My family loved it! The kiddos always get excited when a holiday is in the near future because I start making fun recipes for the blog. This PEEPS Easter Garden Poke Cake had them SUPER excited. They could not wait to get their mitts on this bad boy!
I knew they would love it! Poke cakes are always their favorite. I receive requests for our OREO Poke Cake more than you could ever imagine. OREO cookies are always great when they are paired with a cake. The crunch from the cookie goes so well with a soft cake.
PEEPS are always so fun to use for recipes. Heck… there are PEEPS for just about every holiday now. Easter bunny and chicks are the original and they are always so bright and colorful. I have used the bright bunnies for PEEPS Cupcakes in the past. They are just so cute.
This Easter PEEPS Garden Poke Cake will be perfect for feeding a crowd during the holidays. I used a 9.5X13.5 pan for ours and we had 15 pieces of cake. I like to freeze my cake for about 1 hour and then transfer to the refrigerator (keeps it nice and firm). Then, I pull from the refrigerator about 10-15 mins before serving. The cake didn’t last long here at my house because my kiddos had friends visiting and they were quick devour this delicious cake.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray. Make cake as directed on box for 13×9-inch pan. Cool in pan on cooling rack until completely cooled, about 30 minutes.
- Spread chocolate frosting on top of cake; sprinkle with chocolate cookie crumbs. Use green icing to make garden rows, using photo as guide. Insert toothpick halfway into base of each PEEPS® marshmallow bunny. Insert bunnies, toothpick side down, into cake.
- Use orange and green icings to make carrots on cake, using photo as a guide. Cut into 4 rows by 3 rows to serve.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ devil’s food cake mix
- Water, oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 container Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy chocolate frosting
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1 can (6.4 oz) Betty Crocker™ green decorating cake icing
- 8 to 12 PEEPS® marshmallow bunnies
- 1 can (6.4 oz) Betty Crocker™ orange decorating cake icing