So, this week I will have all sorts of red velvet goodness. 5 recipes, to be exact. I’ll be taking a break from the red velvet on Friday, since February’s Cookbook of the Month didn’t have a red velvet recipe in it, but I’ll finish off the week on Saturday with my last red velvet recipe. (And I’ll also be bringing you this month’s Cookbook of the Month review later today!) What better way to prepare for Valentine’s Day than with lots of red?
- 1 box Red Velvet cake mix, plus ingredients to make cake
- 2 (8-oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare cake batter as directed. Pour batter into a greased 13×9-inch pan.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer 1 minute or until creamy. Add yogurt, powdered sugar, and lemon zest. Beat 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Cover and chill.
for full recipes please see : www.tasteandtellblog.com