Roasted winter vegetables come together to create a nourishing and easy dinner.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 1/2 purple cabbage, cut into wedges
- 2 red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and 1/2 inch diced
- 16 oz. Brussels sprouts, halved
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- all purpose seasoning blend (I used Trader Joe’s Everyday Seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2-1 teaspoon maple syrup
- favorite protein, such as falafel, chickpeas, tofu. I originally used poached eggs.
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat the bottom a large sheet pan (or two smaller pans) with cooking spray or olive oil. Place the vegetables in a single layer on the sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and seasoning. Roast vegetables for 40 minutes or until tender. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa. In a small-medium saucepan, bring 1 3/4 cups of water and the quinoa to a simmer. Add a pinch of salt, reduce the heat to low, and cover. Simmer covered for 15 minutes or until water has been absorbed and quinoa is cooked. Fluff with a fork.
- Make the tahini sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together tahini, lemon juice, mustard, and syrup until smooth.