A fast and flavorful Spicy Tomato Cream Pasta that’s perfect for a weeknight meal. Red pepper flakes really give this sauce some heat.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (24-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, basil, and red pepper flakes and cook 1 minute.
- Add spaghetti sauce, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until thickened to your liking.