We all try to steer ourselves and our kids away from too much of the sweet stuff, but to be successful, we have to find an alternative with high flavor-appeal. Let us tell you — these savory muffins deliver! Packed with spinach and cubes of feta cheese, these flavor-rich muffins treat your taste buds to a yummy spanakopita-like experience.
We also love that you can whip up these tasty morsels in under an hour. Serve the muffins hot and fresh from the oven, or pack them in lunchboxes to delight the kids with nutritious deliciousness.
- 1/2 pound frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/2 pound feta cheese (fat-reduced, if desired)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper baking cups.
- Cut the feta into small cubes.
for full recipes please see : 12tomatoes.com