I’m always on the lookout for simple recipes that my family will enjoy, especially when it comes to dinner. I love to cook but there are many days when I don’t have an hour+ to prepare a meal.
With summer on the horizon and lots of family fun planned, I’ve been searching for quick and easy family dinners.
That’s when I found and adapted this Taco Pizza recipe.
With a cream cheese/sour cream “sauce” and spicy taco flavor, Taco Pizza is a great as an easy family dinner or a tasty appetizer.
Every time I make this, I can never be sure who loves it more – the kids or my husband; they all gobble it up and ask for more! (Okay, I should add me in there too – I’m a sucker for cream cheese!)
- 2 tubes (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and layout on the ungreased cookie sheet. Pinch the perforations together to seal. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool.
- In a small bowl, mix the softened cream cheese and sour cream. Use a whisk to remove any lumps. Spread over the cooled crust. (I let my crust cool for around 20 minutes.) Chill in the refrigerator.
for full recipes please see : livingwellmom.com