Thinly sliced zucchini dusted in breadcrumbs and baked until crispy and golden is a great alternative to potato fries with less than half the carbs and calories! As many of you have noticed from my
- 3-4 large zucchini
- 1 cup bread crumbs panko or Italian or a mixture of both
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese optional
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and lightly grease with oil. Set aside.
- Combine 2 eggs in a small shallow bowl and set aside. Combine the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in another bowl and set aside. Prepare zucchini by trimming the ends and cutting into 1/2 inch strips or slices.
- Dip zucchini strips into egg mixture then in the breadcrumb mixture and transfer to pre-greased baking sheet. Repeat until all the zucchini strips are coated with egg and breadcrumbs.