HOW DO YOU MAKE HEART SHAPED MACARONS?
It didn’t take me long to decide what I wanted to make, but it took some research to figure out how I would create the heart shapes. I spent too much time looking for a heart shaped cookie cutter to create my parchment templates. I needed ONE cookie cutter, not 3 and preferably not giant. This was harder to find than expected mid-January. Cookie cutter hunt was fruitless so I looked for a template online. I found this one, printed two 8 1/2″x11″ copies on my home printer and taped/cut them into an 11″x17″ shape for my pans. NOTE: The template I used is no longer available, but here is a similar one from my friend Mimi. I placed the parchment templates under my Silpat mats to use as a guide.
- 60 g egg whites room temperature
- 65 g granulated sugar
- 75 g almond flour
- 55 g powdered sugar
- fuschia color gel
- 1/4 recipe Simple Vanilla Buttercream
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Line baking sheet with a silpat mat or parchment.*
- Place the almond powder and icing sugar in a food processor. Process until just beginning to clump.
- Sift well and discard any bits that won’t pass through the sifter. Set aside.
for full recipes please see : livforcake.com